This is a Guatemala Fundraiser and a Sandy Lake Fundraiser. All items are available for purchase through School Cash Online. Orders accepted until October 29 with delivery expected before the end of November. Please see attached flyer for more info.
Please see details below of a fundraiser for our Guatemala Mission Trip.
Morning Announcement Thursday, October 19, 2017
High School Announcements:
- The October chess tournament will be starting next Monday for all members. Anyone interested in participating should sign up this week in room Room 224.
St. Mary’s Haunted House Team
- All students working on the St. Mary’s Haunted House need to meet in room 171 (Art Room) today.
- Student volunteers are needed at this year’s Carleton Place Women’s Fair, taking place at the CP Arena on Saturday, November 4. Help is needed from 7:00-9:30 a.m. to set up for the event as well as from 3:30 – 5:00 p.m. to take down the event. A limited number of volunteers are also needed during the event from 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Please come to Student Services to put your name forward at a volunteer for this excellent event. You may volunteer for any or all of the three times. Thank you!
- We are looking for volunteers available on Thurs Oct 19 from 2-5pm. The community gardens next to St. Gregory are looking for 2 or 3 students to help them clean them up. Those interested can get in touch with Joyce Clinton at 613-257-4879.
- Congratulations to all grade 7/8 Cross Country runners who competed in the Lanark Cross Country Championships yesterday. Many of our runners placed well. A big thank you to all High School helpers who attended!
- Gr 7/8 Runners are reminded to meet Mme. Stuyt at the front foyer at 11:45 today.
Student volunteers are needed at this year’s Carleton Place Women’s Fair, taking place at the CP Arena on Saturday, November 4. Help is needed from 7:00-9:30am to set up for the event as well as from 3:30-5:00pm to take down the event. A limited number of volunteers are also needed during the event from 10:00am-4:00pm. Please come to Student Services to put your name forward for this excellent event. You may volunteer for any or all of the three times. Thank you!
There will be a clean up of the community garden next to St. Gregory on Thursday, October 19 from 2-5pm. Two or three students are need to help. Contact Joyce Clinton at 613-257-4879 if interested.
Notre Dame students proudly unveiled our second Canada 150 public art piece on the Gemmill Park Trail. The Playful Fawn is a symbol of the vibrancy of the youth of Mississippi Mills. It’s also interactive. It has been geocoded and will be a geocache destination soon.
Canadian Career Academy is having a job fair on Wednesday, October 18 from noon to 5pm at Carleton Place Canoe Club. This is a great opportunity for students to meet employers face-to-face and perhaps find some part-time employment. Bring your resume.
Since 2007, the Co-operators has partnered with Mitch Dorge, a Juno award winner, Grammy nominee and drummer with the Canadian musical group, Crash Test Dummies. Mitch is passionate about empowering today’s youth and is the spokesperson for Teens Against Drinking and Driving (T.A.D.D.) and Drug Abuse Resistance Education (D.A.R.E.).
Mitch has developed a unique, thought-provoking presentation, In Your Face and Interactive, which takes an honest and intense look at responsible choices. Mitch’s engaging two-hour presentation encourages youth between 12 and 18 to set goals for themselves and to make choices that will help them get there. With a focus on emotional well-being, he encourages the youth of today and equips them with the motivation they need to take steps towards their goals.
Notre Dame is looking forward to welcoming Mitch Dorge on Wednesday, October 5!
Attention students needing volunteer hours:
If you can skate, love kids and need volunteer hours, we can help. The Carleton Place and Almonte Skating Club are looking for volunteers to help work as program assistants for the skating season running from October 2017 to March 2018. Please contact Natasha by email for details, email@example.com, or message us on facebook – The Almonte and Carleton Place Skating Club.
We’re looking for volunteers to help at this year’s “Bollywood on the Mississippi” event, Saturday, October, 14 from 7-10pm at the Carleton Place Canoe Club. This is our second annual event in support of Child Haven International (www.childhaven.ca). Child Haven is a charitable organization founded in 1985 by Bonnie and Fred Cappuccino of Maxville, Ontario and provides a home for over 1,000 women and children across India, Nepal, Bangladesh and Tibet. Bonne and Fred have been awarded the Order of Canada for their ongoing charitable work. This year you will have a chance to meet them in person as they will both be attending this event.
We are looking for:
- students to circulate around the room with trays of snacks and appetizers
- female students to participate in a “sari fashion show” (everyone welcome, absolutely no experience necessary!)
- an artistic student to help with application of henna hand designs
If you are interested please contact:
Adrian Baker: 613-257-4233 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Lights Fest has partnered with Special Olympics for their Ottawa event on September 23rd. Volunteers will need to be at the event from 3:30pm, after the lanterns are launched. These times may vary depending on sunset time and when we are given the go-ahead by the fire marshal. Volunteers will be helping at check in, handing out participation kits, selling merchandise, answering questions and/or helping with clean up. One to two weeks prior to the event we will send out a volunteer packet for a final head count and will also have the official times. All volunteers will receive a free lights fest t-shirt, free entry and parking and help raise money for the Special Olympics.
Five to ten volunteers are needed. Please contact Shannon at the following email address:
We are looking for about 5 student volunteers to help out at the used uniform sale on September 14, 2017 from 2:30pm to 8:00pm.
Please sign up in Student Services.