Morning Announcement Tuesday, June 19, 2018
High School Announcements:
Student Council team 2018-2019 is to meet at lunch in the atrium for the first meeting of the year. It is important everyone is there!
- Stage Band is to meet in the front foyer at 8:15 tomorrow morning for the Music for Miracles cheque presentation.
- A reminder for grad band that there is a rehearsal in the music room tonight at 2:30 pm.
Cast and Crew
- Cast and crew of “And Then There Were None” – photos re here. See Mrs. Chmara to pick you your photo and headshot.
- Co-op students are reminded of the Final Co-op in-class session on Wednesday, June 20 Per 3-4 in Room 140. See Mr. Haughian for more info.
- Thank you to everyone who has registered for summer school. Please note, students will only receive their start up information email on Monday, July 2nd and nothing prior to this. The courses run from Tuesday, July 3rd to Friday, July 27th with absolutely no late extensions. Students will not be contacted by their teachers earlier than July 3rd as this is the first day the courses officially begin. Good luck to everyone in July!
Thank you to everyone who has registered for summer school. Please note, students will only receive their start up information email on Monday, July 2 and nothing prior to this. The courses run from Tuesday, July 3 to Friday, July 27 with absolutely no late extensions. Students will not be contacted by their teachers earlier than July 3 as this is the first day the courses officially begin. Good luck to everyone in July!
The Catholic District School Board of Eastern Ontario, in partnership with MLI Homestay, is currently seeking families to host international students ranging from grades 7-12 for the 2018/2019 school year. There are opportunities to host students for short-term stays, for one semester or for the whole school year. MLI Homestay will pay a supplemental fee to compensate you for the costs associated with hosting a student. Whether you have children at the elementary or high school level it could be a very fulfilling experience for all ages. Hosting an international student is a unique way to share our culture and local communities, while learning about international cultures and customs from these students. If you are interested in this rewarding opportunity, please contact Cindy LaRocque, Secretary of the International Program at 613-284-2613
The Lanark County Food Bank is looking for students for the following days:
Wed June 13 from 3-7pm
Mon June 18 from 3-5pm
Wed June 20 from 3-7pm
Mon June 25 from 3-7pm
They would also need students in the late summer/early fall.
Contact Karin Nakamura by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our last dress casual day of the year in Friday, June 15.
See link below for a Guatemala Fundraiser taking place at The Hub in Almonte on Saturday, June 16.
Guatemala Fundraiser.The Hub in Almonte
See link below for McCarthy’s uniform package pricing
Congratulations to the winners of the major athletic awards that were presented on Wednesday, June 6:
Senior Athlete: Male – Eric Mitchell Female – Taylor Ayotte
Captain’s Cup: Lyndsay Sheedy and Mitchell Garreau
Junior Athlete: Male – Dawson Elgood and Vincent Finucan Female – Hannah Ayotte
Academic Athlete: Samantha Dekart
Top Seed: Victoria Muir
OFSAA Leadership in Sport: Cameron Palazzolo and Taylor Bradbury
Coach: Jamie Licari
See attached link below for the McCarthy’s in school store summer hours.
2018 Summer Hours
See link below for information on a job posting from Children’s Resources on Wheels for a summer student.
2018 Summer Student job posting
← Older posts
The last regular day the uniform shop is open is Tuesday, June 19 from 11am to 3pm.
There will be special uniform fitting appointments for all new incoming students. See link below for more information.
2018 In-School Shop Appointment Booking