At Notre Dame Catholic High School, the uniform is a source of pride and a builder of community. By choosing to attend Notre Dame Catholic High School, students and their parents have made a serious and long-term commitment to comply with the school uniform code.Students are required to wear the prescribed school uniform throughout the school year, including examination days. Students failing to conform to the uniform expectations will not be admitted to class, and students will be sent home for repeated uniform infractions. Students are expected to arrive at school in uniform. NOTRE DAME STUDENT DRESS CODE
- Students are always to be in full uniform except for designated Dress Down Days.
- Students will wear black or beige McCarthy pants with white or black short or long sleeve ND embroidered shirts or sweaters.
- When stockings/ leggings are worn with the kilt, they must be white, black or skin toned.
- During the school day, coats, jackets and non-uniform sweaters are to be stored in student lockers and not worn to class or in the atrium, cafeteria, library, hallways etc.
- The only acceptable t-shirts or long-sleeved shirts to be worn under the Notre Dame shirt must be solid black, white or grey.
- All staff will monitor and enforce the uniform policy. Staff will expect students to arrive to class in proper uniform and will address any student in non-uniform.
- Students may be given the privilege of borrowing an article of uniform clothing from the office when required.
- Students who are repeatedly out of uniform will be issued detentions and/or suspensions.
- Students are required to wear the uniform throughout the school year and on school excursions unless alternative attire is required or approved.
- On Dress Down Days, students are expected to wear appropriate casual clothing. Casual clothing must provide the appropriate coverage including midriffs, shoulders, undergarments, necklines etc. Only appropriate language on clothing will be accepted.
- Hats will not be worn in the building during the school day. Students are expected to remove their hats upon arrival to school in the morning.
For your convenience, our school has a McCarthy’s Uniform Fit-Shop that is available be by appointment. Students and families may book appointments via school email or in person to make arrangements for a fitting.