Mental Health Supports
School Mental Health Supports
- Notre Dame students have access to a variety of mental health professionals at school, including a Mental Health and Addictions Nurse, a Mental Health and Addictions Counsellor, and an Open Doors Counsellor. All appointments and referrals are arranged by our Student Support Worker, Jason Peckham.
- Our Chaplain, Harold Visser, is also available to discuss mental health challenges and grief.
Community Mental Health Supports
- Open Doors for Lanark Children and Youth
- Lanark County Mental Health
- Lanark, Leeds & Grenville Addictions & Mental Health
- Dave Smith Youth Treatment Centre
Other Mental Health Supports
In a mental health emergency, call 911 or visit a local hospital:
- Carleton Place and District Memorial Hospitall
- Almonte General Hospital
- Perth and Smiths Falls District Hospital
- Notre Dame provides food to its students who face food insecurity. Snack bins are located throughout the school, and lunches are provided for identified students. If you would like to request a lunch or know someone who would benefit from one, please contact Harold Visser.
- Our Food Program is supported by Food for Thought Lanark County, The Breakfast Club of Canada and Mitchell's Your Independent Grocer. If you would like to donate to the Food Program, please contact Karen Melville.